Baccalaureate Degree Requirements
Candidates for an undergraduate degree at Loyola Marymount University must complete all requirements for a bachelor’s degree as set forth by the University, their college or school, and academic departments or programs. Failure to understand those requirements does not relieve a student of his or her responsibility.
All candidates for a baccalaureate degree at LMU must fulfill the following requirements:
- For the primary academic major complete a minimum of 120 semester hours, including core curriculum, program requirements, and 45 semester hours of upper-division course work. Certain programs require more than 120 semester hours and are under the appropriate department listings.
- All courses taken at LMU must have a cumulative grade point average of C (2.0). All courses taken in the major, minor, or area of concentration must have a cumulative grade point average of C (2.0)
- Fulfill the requirements for any declared academic secondary major or primary or secondary minor, including those set forth by the department and/or College or School.
- Fulfill the academic regulations printed in the Bulletin in effect at the time of entrance or for those in effect in the senior year provided the student maintains continuous enrollment for the length of the degree program. A student who changes his or her program of study subsequent to admission to the University may be held responsible for the academic regulations in effect at the time of the declaration or change. A student who interrupts LMU enrollment for more than two years is subject to the academic regulations in effect in the University Bulletin at the time of readmission.
- Fulfill the requirements specified in Baccalaureate Graduation Requirements and Degree Conferral