Undergraduate students who choose to complete a minor must meet the following general requirements:
- A minor program consists of 18 or more semester hours. At least half of the upper division semester hours of the minor program must be completed in residence at Loyola Marymount.
- Specific semester hour requirements are listed by each department offering a minor program. A student who declares a minor is held responsible for the academic regulations in effect at the time the minor is declared.
- A student must have a cumulative grade point average of C (2.0) for courses taken in the minor program.
- The minor may not be in the same program as the student’s major.
- Courses may not count as fulfilling both a major and minor program, unless a specific course is required by both programs.
- A minor may be earned only while the student is concurrently completing the requirements for a baccalaureate degree. The minor must be cleared by the Dean’s office at the same time that the baccalaureate degree is cleared.
- Students are advised to consult department regulations in the Bulletin for further information.