Mar 19, 2018
Program Director: TBA
Academic Advisor: Danielle West
The Certificate in Catholic School Administration is a 10-semester-hour graduate program designed to provide a full year of content in mission-focused, organizational, and instructional leadership. The CCSA supports those educators interested in moving into Catholic school administration or who have been a school administrator but need a concentrated education in the distinctive mission and operations of Catholic schools. The overall objective of this certificate program is to educate and train prospective and novice Catholic school leaders in effective Catholic school administration and leadership. Candidates receive a rigorous curriculum that includes Catholic school history, mission, law, ethics, budget, finance, operations, marketing, fundraising, admissions, personnel management, curriculum, and instruction. The four pillars of adult Catholic spirituality, technology, inclusion, and the development of a professional learning community give the foundation for each of the four courses of the program. Certificate candidates may choose to apply the 10 semester hours toward an MA in Catholic School Administration.
Program Admissions Requirements
- Graduate Application
- Statement of Intent
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- One must be from applicant’s school Principal
- Verification of Employment Form
- Technology Requirement Form
- Professional Resume
- 2 sealed, official transcripts for all colleges and/or universities attended
- Catholic School Program Contract/Agreement
- National Online Cohort applicants must apply through the Catholic Extension Society.
- Local Cohort applicants must provide a signed Title II Compliance form.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0, or a 3.05 in your last 60 undergraduate units, or a 3.0 in at least 9 graduate units is required
- For applicants who completed an undergraduate/graduate degree outside of the U.S.A.:
- Transcript evaluations
- TOEFL or IELTS minimum score
- Local Cohort candidates must be employed by one of the following dioceses or archdiocese:
- Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- Diocese of Orange
- Diocese of San Bernardino
- National Online candidates must be employed by:
- A Catholic school in a mission diocese in the United States.
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 (B or better in all courses)