Interim Chairperson: Victoria Graf
Professors: Marta Baltodano, Victoria Graf, Yvette Lapayese, Edmundo Edward F. Litton, Francisco Ramos, Marta Sanchez, Ani Shabazian
Associate Professors: Ernesto Colin, Ignacio Higareda, Philip Molebash
Clinical Associate Professors: Annette Pijuan Hernandez
Clinical Assistant Professors: Morgan Friedman, Maryann Krikorian, Jody Moody
Affiliate Faculty: Antonio Felix, Shannon Tabaldo
Location: University Hall 2600
Program Coordinator/Assistants: Aracelli Moraity, Ryan Yandell
Email: Aracelli.Moraity@lmu.edu, Ryan.Yandell@lmu.edu
The Department of Teaching and Learning offers a variety of credential and graduate programs that prepare excellent teachers with the knowledge and skills to educate culturally and linguistically diverse populations in PK-12 public or private schools. Accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, we provide professional preparation in research-based exemplary practices that include the requisite skills, knowledge, and dispositions required to ensure equity and excellence in education. As a result of our Masters and credential programs, graduates are highly regarded by their colleagues and leaders in the schools, districts, and communities in which they serve. Teacher preparation and professional development options in the Department promote and respond to the Jesuit and Marymount traditions and put to work the core tenets of the School of Education’s Conceptual Framework.
- Bilingual Education, M.A. with a Preliminary 2042 Multiple Subjects Credential and Bilingual Authorization
- Bilingual Education, M.A. with a Preliminary 2042 Secondary Credential and Bilingual Authorization
- Educational Studies Integrated 4+1, M.A.
- Educational Studies, M.A.
- Elementary Education, M.A. with a Preliminary 2042 Multiple Subjects Credential
- Literacy Instruction for Urban Environments, M.A. (On Hiatus)
- Secondary Education, M.A. with a Preliminary 2042 Single Subject Credential
- Special Education, M.A. - Intern Program
- Special Education, M.A. with a Preliminary Education Specialist Credential–Traditional Program
- Urban Education, M.A.