Jan 24, 2022
The M.A. in Higher Education Administration guides candidates in becoming scholarly, reflective, and transformative higher education leaders. The program prepares candidates to be justice-oriented administrators in all divisions and all sectors of higher education. The program recognizes the contributions and nuances of serving in two- and four-year, private and public, and religiously affiliated post-secondary institutions.
As a result of this program, candidates will:
- Articulate the historical and current role of higher education in American society
- Describe organizational and governance structures in American higher education
- Employ critical reflection skills when analyzing data and problem solving
- Articulate informed viewpoints on current higher education issues
- Articulate and value the experiences of postsecondary students, faculty, and staff from underrepresented groups
- Work to support the success of all postsecondary students
- Demonstrate basic administrative competencies such as planning, budgeting, and assessment
- Demonstrate knowledge of higher education legal and ethical issues
- Understand, evaluate, and adapt developmental, organizational, and leadership theories to their practice
- Graduate Application
- Statement of Intent
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- 2 sealed, Official Transcripts from each college/university attended
- Bachelor's degree conferred official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0, or a 3.05 in the last 60 undergraduate units, or a 3.0 in at least 9 graduate units is required.
- Statement of Intent:
- 3-4 pages, double-spaced, 12 point font
- Addressing the following:
- How have your life and professional experiences informed your decision to pursue a graduate degree in higher education?
- Why do you want to study in the LMU higher education program?
- What leadership and academic qualities will you bring to the higher education program?
- What leadership and/or academic qualities need further development?
- How will you contribute to the mission of the LMU School of Education?
- What are your future goals/plans as they relate to higher education leadership?